Monday 4 February 2008

Things I learnt this weekend

The first thing I learnt this weekend is that it is not easy taking pictures of badminton in low light conditions. I went to Bell's Sports Centre to cover the Scottish Championships. The main problem is the speed in which the shuttlecock moves in combination with the speed the racket hits the shuttlecock. When you have a maximum shutter speed of 1/200 getting a good picture with the shuttlecock in view is difficult. Or do I just need more practice!



The second thing is that it is not easy to make a training session look interesting as a picture. With the frost all football matches were called off so I spent some of Saturday looking for teams training to fill the sports pages.

And lastly ALWAYS check you lense for condensation when coming in from the cold. With the temperture at -2 outside moving into Bells again to photograph some Scottish Indoor hockey, Menziehill v Western Wildcats, proved too much for my 70-200. Unfortunately I didn't notice until I was checking them on the monitor at home.




And here is some Junior Basketball shot at the end of the day. Perth Phoenix took on Boroughmuir Blaze at Perth Academy.








No comments: