Tuesday 1 January 2008

My 2007 (part 2)

( Part 2 of 3)

May
May started with a the first Sunday of the month spent covering 4 different Youth final. This would involve getting team photos, action from the games and the presentations. Due to the fact that the finals were being played at two different venues it would also mean lots of running around. A Junior Superleague match between Kinnoull and Hill of Beath was also covered this month. In contrast to this time last year, when Kinnoull were close to winning the Premier title, they were sitting at the foot of the table almost certain to drop down a league.

May also gave me the chance to shoot some international football when two U19 Euro qualifiers were played at McDiarmid Park. Scotland featured in both matches taking on Georgia and then Portugal and true to form just failed to qualify. This was valuable experience and the first time I had attempted to send pictures from the ground.
Added to this I also managed to fit in a day at Perth races for the feature I was shooting and the local paper.

Here are images from May.






June
June was a stand out month for me for several reasons - One was it was Gold Cup day at Perth Racecourse. everything fell into place I seemed to find great images and the weather was good. Sometimes you come away from a shoot and know you have good images beforeyou see then on the screen and this was one of them. Secondly I had decided to start a second long term project - this was going to be covering a year in the life on an organic stock farm. The farm was Loanleven which is local to where I live. In hindsight it was probably the wrong time to begin this as I have struggled to spend the time necessary due to other commitments. The last reason June stands out was a job I did for a family that had lost their son/brother who had died at a school sports day. They held a day to commemorate his life which I documented. This is as personal a job as i have done, it was satisfying to know I had done a good job for the family.



July
July saw me start blogging which I have found surprisingly useful as a way to standback and judge how I am progressing.

Shooting wise it was all about animals. I spent more time at the organic farm, covered a couple of days at the Racecourse and also spent the day covering a local horseracing yard as they prepared and raced their horses at the racecourse. This feature resulted in a full page sread in the local newspaper which was more than satisfying.






August
It was back to shooting football and rugby as the season kicked off again with some highland games and racecourse stuff thrown in for good measure.








No comments: